Eve The Fiber Fanatic

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

We Got BroadBand Yippie








I found this gorgeous spinning wheel on and outing to a small town in Southeastern Mn. Mantorville. Was on a crafting retreat at a local retreat house The Milton House and wanted to investigate the town. This was one of the first things that caught my eye in the first booth. The town shops in that town sported two more wheels but this was the most unusual and prettiest. Anyone seen one or know anything let me know evesch@yahoo.com No markings found other than a grease penciled white numbers 55 on the bottom which may be a dealer's marking. It only has one serious issue that I can see. There are a couple chips out of the wheel part and the wood seems to be powdering in those spots. Wood Rot??? It does have some tiny little holes in various places around on the wood. Minor problems is the missing footman (no problem to make one) and no bobbins. Maybe another brand of bobbin will work or have custom made. The back maiden seems to be broken and comes out of its hole, should be attached to a turning thing like the front one. and it is missing it's finial. The wheel may be warped the sections are seperating but my other wheel does that and spins great so not worried about that too much. I am thinking about sending it off somewhere to have it repaired/looked at. Gotta see who does that. Since I put myself in the hole getting it, the fixing it may have to wait a while. It's still pretty but I am itching to spin on it!!!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 6/22/09, 7:07 PM, Blogger ~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said…

    What a pretty wheel. Lucky You!
    Love the crochety looking doll a few posts back. What fun but I'm like you, I don't need another hobby. There are so many things I could get wrapped up in. I have got to say no. .sometimes.

    Had to stop over when I saw your link on the spindlers list.
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

     

Post a Comment

<< Home