Eve The Fiber Fanatic

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Mom's Memorial service


We did the final service for Mom on Wednesday the 25th of March. There were about 30 people that came to the service and about 10 more support people ie: serving ladies, funeral directors, Pastor and wife, etc. The dvd of pictures was running while we greeted people and everyone seemed to like that very well. She recieved 4 plants and 5 floral arrangements besides the two that I had ordered. These are the two that I ordered in the photo and the Urn for her ashes. Very nice. Mom loved Gladiolas and the florist got some for the boquet. We had a nice lunch afterward. We planned for 50 people and had three sandwiches left and a couple handfulls of chips. The ladies brought cake and they were very good. Got to see a lot of people I had not seen in ages. Mostly from Henry's family. A step daughter and the kids of an old neighbor of Mom's, course they are in their 60's or so. We have recieved many cards of condolences and really appreciate them and knowing that people are thinking of us. Sometimes it seems so strange that the world and everything is still going on as usual! I want to scream at everyone to stop for at least a little while and notice that "My Mommy is Dead" This too shall pass. That is what I keep repeating to myself. I got lots of hugs on that day, just not the most important hug of all, my mom's........I will miss her a lot. Bye Mom.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home