Eve The Fiber Fanatic

Friday, March 20, 2009

A Tribute to my Mom



This is my mom with my brother Tom and his wife Socorro. They were here two years ago for a visit from San Francisco. They took mom on a trip to Chicago to visit some of her grandchildren and greatgrandchildren.

Mom died on Wednesday early morning this week. The 18th I got the call from the nursing home that she had left us. Well, I asked them how she could do that as she couldn't walk and so who took her out. Yah, I didn't get it right away. It was somewhat unexpected. She had broken her hip last month the 19th and just was not recovering right. We think that it was the aortic anurisym that burst. She was in a lot of pain that was not dulled enough by all the pain med she was recieving, so it was good she did not stay longer. But no one had expected her to die so no one called me to come down. When I went to the Home I was still having a bit of trouble with the idea that she was really gone so prodded her a couple times and held her hand, nobody was in there tho. So when the funeral home people came I had to let her go. Made the arrangements and worked the next day. As I worked and knew I wanted to say something about mom's life for her funeral I came up with a sorta poem. I am not a writer or a poet so it isn't the greatest but it expresses my ideas about my Mom's life and means things to me.

My Mom has had a long and weary life

She has been a daughter a mother a wife

Mom worked hard and endured much;

pain and abuse, wars and such.

Happiness, Joy and Peace at times.

Mom took Pleasure in the simple things;

A deer, a pond, fishing and friends

So sorry that it all had to end.

She became a person on whom you could depend.

As a Mom to all us Kids, she wiped our noses and kept us clean,

Mom did notwant to be thought mean;

so discipline was carefully applied.

There came a time when she had to part,

or stay and watch with a broken heart,

what should not be, but was.

Mom went on to find a love so true,

who lived with her his whole life through.

She was his heart and soul.

It is hard to watch the years go past,

and see a loved one as they go,

into the twilight time of life.

My Mom lived a Good life.

They aren't the same as once you knew,

But they still look the same to you.

Your Mom is at the Heart of You!

She loved us all better than we knew!

Thank You Mom for giving Me Life.

I will live a Good Life.

Eve

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 3/20/09, 10:15 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Eve, I'm so sorry you had to say good-bye to your mom. My heart goes out to you....

     
  • At 3/21/09, 9:11 AM, Blogger Ebonwald Cardigans said…

    Eve, I had to laugh at the part about 'she left us' and you asked where she went. I have that same kind of mind set ;)

    I'm very sorry to hear about your mother's passing. Its never easy to lose a loved one, especially your mother. Thoughts and prayers are with you!

     
  • At 3/21/09, 8:58 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Dear Eve. I cried. Your poem is beautiful because it came straight from your heart. I hope you heal and make it through the day Wednesday. I'll be praying for you and that she will now be peaceful.
    Ellen (from Handpreparedfibers)

     
  • At 3/21/09, 9:03 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Eve, I couldn't find an email link on your blog or in your profile, so why don't you email me through the link on MY blog, okay? That brown wether is getting sheared Monday afternoon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home