Eve The Fiber Fanatic

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Spirit of the West Festival


Here I am in costume at the 2008 Spirit of the West Festival in Sioux Falls, SD. A fun filled 3 day event. I volunteer to do Bobbin Lace and spinning and get free entrance and meals at the event. Plus I get to play dress up and do demos. I have on a hoop skirt vest and victorian style shirt with a french influence hat. I love that hat it is sooo cool to wear. I am working at my Bobbin Lace pillow putting a bobbin lace finish to some woven bookmarks for an exchange.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 12/26/08, 10:48 AM, Blogger Dori Ann said…

    OMG you look beautiful!! Love the clothes. I see a wheel there too. I am in awe of anyone that can do bobbin lace!

     
  • At 1/4/09, 7:24 PM, Blogger ~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said…

    You Do look wonderful. Love the outfit especially the hat, love hats, it's a weakness of mine. How amazing that you do bobbin lace. Since I was a kid I have been facinated by it. We would go to folk festivals and the women there were making lace. I could always be found watching them work.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home