Eve The Fiber Fanatic

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Hats!!

This was the first hat that I knit for felting. It was really hard to believe that this was going to turn into a hat!!! Well the brown colors are handspun and the orange is Brown Sheep. I was low on the tan color so I had to try to plan some other colors in it. Then when getting to the top I ran out of the tan so I just knitting the rest with the brown. A design feature I call it. Seems like most everyone liked it just fine that way. The fiber was the bad alpaca. Well that is what I called it cause it was a poor quality alpaca with lots of vm in it and purchased off Ebay. Sometimes they aren't such a bargain. But it made a very nice hat. There is a use for everything.

Well it did turn into a HAT Lovely to wear and got a lot of compliments till I sold it. I really need to make another one sometime. It was great for winter time, I put my earmuffs on over the floppy brim and it was really warm and held it down well in the Mn. winds.

1 Comments:

  • At 11/10/06, 2:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I am amazed! I had no idea that you had to knit something so HUGE to get something that small when felted. Thanks for sharing the before and after pictures!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home